Our new online payment center allows you the option of offering families a way to pay their bills at your website.
Why offer online payments?
Consumers are increasingly conducting business online. The wide product selection and fast fulfillment offered by online retailers are capturing a growing percentage of retail sales each year.
This online convenience is fast becoming an expectation in the mind of consumers. How often have you received a bill in the mail that requires a paper check to be mailed back? As you dig for a stamp and return address label, followed by a trip to the mailbox, I suspect many of you wonder why you just cannot go online and pay immediately with your credit or debit card.
While traditional mail-based payments should remain for those who prefer them, there are good reasons to offer your families the option of paying online. It provides convenience in a busy world and also allows families to spread the cost over an extended period using their credit card, should they need to.
How the Payment Center Works
The following list provides a summary of this new capability:
- The payment center is only available at your website if you decide to enable it. If you do not want this capability, simply do nothing and it will never appear.
- It is important that the payments are made directly to you. We do not want to get between you and your customers. To facilitate this, the sign-up process creates an independent account that will receive your payments. This account is in your name and automatically deposits payments into your existing bank account.
- Your customers see your name on their credit card statement (e.g. XYZ Funeral Home).
- The credit card processor will deduct applicable credit/debit card processing fees from your account. These are currently 2.9% plus 30 cents per online payment. Your customer is not charged a fee to make an online payment.
- CFS provides this service 100% free of charge and does not receive a referral or affiliate fee from the credit card processor that handles the transactions.
- Payments can be made at your website using all major credit and debit cards. Consumers can also use mobile payments, such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, as well as stored payment methods in modern desktop and mobile web browsers.
Enabling the Payment Center
If you would like to take advantage of this capability, log on to your website and click on the blue ‘Management’ button at the top of your website. You will find a new ‘Online Payments’ page in this section. Simply follow the instructions on the page. People can access your payment center via www.yourwebsite.com/payments – we’ll also add a link from your home page once we see that your payment center is live.
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions.
View an Example
You are welcome to test drive the customer experience using the link to our demonstration site below. Use 4242 4242 4242 4242 for the credit card number and any random information for the rest of the payment/address details. This is a test credit card that will not create a real payment. Enter your actual email address if you want to receive a sample of the customer receipt.